Spay Memphis is a non-profit clinic dedicated to preventing pet overpopulation by providing high-quality, affordable spay/neuter services to the public.
Please do NOT make feral cat appointments online as they do not need an appointment. Feral cats may be brought in Tuesday – Thursday between 7:30-8:30 am. They must be in a live, humane trap. Please review our feral cat policies here.
[ttbase_button url=”https://clinichq.com/online/0ef3bd4d-7ef9-432e-84fe-506ff078e2ef” style=”style-1″ size=”” target=”self” rel=”” icon_font=”streamline” icon_left_sl=”” icon_right_sl=”” icon_left_fa=”” icon_right_fa=”” title=”Schedule Online”]
To schedule your pet’s appointment by phone, please call 901-324-3202 during our regular business hours: Tuesday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Please note our new cancellation policy effective 01/15/2020:
– Appointments must be canceled no later than 8:30 a.m. the day before your appointment. Cancellations can be made by phone (voicemail is fine, 901-324-3202) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Any appointment not canceled by 8:30 a.m. the day before will be considered a no-show.
– Only one no-show is allowed per pet owner.
– After the one no-show allowance, a $10 deposit per pet will be required to schedule future appointments. If the appointment is kept, the deposit will be applied to your pet’s balance. If the appointment is missed, the deposit becomes a donation to our clinic.
– There are two options to reschedule after missing an appointment:
- Call 901-324-3202 where you can make a $10 deposit to reschedule.
- Reschedule online and pay in full for your pet’s spay or neuter.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion style=”modern” shape=”square” active_section=”1″ collapsible_all=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Spay/Neuter Pricing” tab_id=”1560366873622-6b26b9fd-e33f”][vc_column_text]Full payment of services is due on the morning (at drop-off) of your pet’s appointment. Spay Memphis accepts cash and credit/debit cards for payment.
Dogs (must be at least 12 weeks old)
Spay (female) or Neuter (male) $100* (includes an e-collar, pain injection, and take home pain medication)
*This spay/neuter price change is for dogs as of August 1, 2020 for NEW appointments only. All previously scheduled appointments will be at the previous pricing range by the dog’s weight.
Cats (must weigh at least 3 lbs.)
- Spay (female) or Neuter (male) $55 (includes pain injection)
- Feral cat spay/neuter $35 (includes rabies vaccination, ear tip, pain injection, and penicillin shot). Feral cats must be in a live, humane trap (like a raccoon trap) and only one cat can be in a trap. No appointment is required but we only accept feral cats Tuesday – Thursday from 7:30-8:30 am. **Please review our feral cat policies under the Feral Cat section.
For domestic cats and dogs 5 years and older, Pre-Op Bloodwork ($25) is required.
Pigs (must be at least 12 weeks old)
***Appointments for pigs cannot be made online. Please call 901-324-3202 to schedule.***
Spay (female) or Neuter (male) by animal weight, price for pig spay/neuter includes pain injection and take home pain medication
- 2-25 lbs. $80
- 26-40 lbs. $90
- 41-75 lbs. $105
- 76-124 lbs. $130
- 125+ lbs. $150
Rabbits (must be at least 12 weeks old)
- Spay (female) or Neuter (male) $80 (includes pain injection and take home pain medication)
Grants or other discounts may be available to offset these costs. Click here to learn more.
An additional complicated surgery fee may be incurred if your pet needs hernia repair or other major complications unrelated to spay/neuter.
*Prices are subject to change as needed and are not guaranteed until an appointment is made*[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Additional Services” tab_id=”1560366873622-0041ebd8-8719″][vc_column_text]
Additional Services available only at time of surgery:
- Rabies vaccine $10 (dogs & cats), $20 (pigs)
- Deworming $5
- Microchip $20
- Flea Treatment $5
- City of Memphis/Shelby Co. residents rabies tag $6 (excludes Germantown, Collierville, & Bartlett as they have their own rabies tags)
- DAPP Vaccine $10
- Bordatella Vaccine (Kennel Cough) $12
- Heartworm Test $15 (includes 1 month of preventive if test is negative)
- FVRCCP Vaccine $10
- FELV/FIV SNAP Test $20
- Cardboard Cat Carrier $5 (cats must be in individual carriers)
- Elizabethan collar (e-collar) $5
- Heartworm Test $15 (includes 1 month of preventive if test is negative)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Grant/Donor Funding” tab_id=”1560367040849-9d0695a1-ddf4″][vc_column_text]All grant/ donor funding is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. The availability of grants/donor funding may change at any time. No grant/donor funding is guaranteed until the appointment is confirmed. Must mention grant when making the appointment. Grant funding cannot be used for feral cats, rabbits, or pigs unless otherwise specified. Grant funds cannot be combined – only one grant fund can be used per pet.
Spay Memphis reserves the right to limit the number of pets per pet owner/household that can use grant funding, especially when grant funding is low. Grant funds are limited & should only be used if you have a genuine need & our already discounted prices are beyond your financial ability.
Pet Owners Receiving Government Assistance
Thanks to a generous grant, pet owners who receive government assistance can have their pet’s spay/neuter discounted ($40 for dogs and $20 for cats). Appointments are required. Can only be used for dogs and domestic cats. Proof of government assistance is required on appointment date.
Pitbull & Pitbull Mix Breed Dogs
Thanks to generous funding from the Margarette J. Sather Animal Welfare Fund, pitbull and pitbull mix dogs can have their spay/neuter surgery discounted to just $40 each. Limit of 3 per pet owner. Appointments required. Dog must be listed as a pitbull or pitbull mix to use the funding. Must mention grant funding when the appointment is made (or use checkbox if requesting an appointment online).
Pet Owners Affected by COVID-19
Thanks to a generous donor who wishes to remain anonymous, Spay Memphis is offering a new program to help pet owners affected by COVID-19 spay and neuter their pets. Using this fund, the copay for the pet owner will be the following: Dogs – $40, Domestic cats – $20, and Rabbits – $40. To qualify, a pet owner will need to show proof that they have been laid off, on unemployment, pay has been reduced due to lack of hours, etc. If you’re unsure if you qualify, email email@example.com to ask!
*Additional funding may be available; ask for more details when calling.
Previous funding provided by:
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Before Surgery” tab_id=”1560367081182-0b7af926-2de8″][vc_column_text]
Check-in is between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. for dogs, domestic & feral cats, and rabbits. Arriving past 8:30 a.m. will result in a $20 late fee. As of June 2019, the check-in time for pigs is at 9:00 am.
Payment for services is due the morning of your pet’s appointment. Spay Memphis accepts cash and debit/credit cards as payment. We can also accept pre-payments when you schedule your appointment as well as payments by PayPal.
Please note: If your pet is actively taking a steroid-based medication or in the midst of heartworm treatment, they are not eligible for spay/neuter until 6 weeks after the last dose of medication.
The night before your appointment, do not feed your pet after midnight the night before surgery; water is okay. Do not feed your pet breakfast the morning of their surgery. This does not apply to rabbits, please continue to feed them normally until they are brought in for surgery.
All dogs MUST be on a leash or in a pet carrier. All cats and rabbits must arrive in a carrier or trap. Domestic cats can arrive in the same carrier, but ALL cats must leave in separate carriers. We have cardboard carriers available for $5 if needed. Kennels or crates are highly encouraged for pigs.
An intake form and surgery release must be completed the morning of your pet’s surgery. If we have your email on file, you will have the option to complete this digitally. If not, paper versions are available below or at our clinic on the morning of your appointment. One per pet must be filled out.
(for dogs, domestic cats, rabbits, and pigs)
Disclaimer: Spay Memphis reserves the right to refuse service to anyone arriving after our check-in time of 8:30 a.m. Arriving after the clinic’s check-in time may forfeit your appointment slot.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”After Surgery” tab_id=”1560367106490-f4810a58-e940″][vc_column_text]
Pick-up is same day, between 4:30 p.m and 5:00 p.m. Please be on time. A $20 late fee will be charged for all pets still in the clinic after 5:00 p.m. If you do not pick your pet up by 5:15 p.m., your pet will be transported to the Animal Emergency Center on Summer Avenue, where your pet will be boarded at your expense.
Spay Memphis does offer re-checks after surgery for any issues related to your pet’s spay or neuter surgery. Re-checks can come in Tuesday – Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm. We ask you call our clinic first, if possible. While the re-check is free, you may be charged for extra medication if our veterinarian feels it is necessary.
You will receive a copy of the post-op instructions on your appointment day. These are also available below for your convenience.
- Dog/Domestic Cat/Pig Post-Op Care Instructions
- Dog/Domestic Cat/Pig Post-Op Care Instructions (SPANISH)
- Feral Cat Post-Op Care Instructions
- Rabbit Post-Op Care Instructions